May 18 - 19, 2019
• Refine your touching skills and gain greater confidence.
• Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and facial structures.
• Teach your clients to work with you during therapy.
• Eliminate chronic pain by working below the client's threshold.
• Slow down, focus your attention, and be more effective with less effort.
This class will offer a multi-disciplinary approach to working with the core of pain: the abdominal muscles, diaphragm, thoracic spine, rib cage, and scalene. We will explore myofascial assessments, deep tissue techniques, passive and active stretching, muscle energy techniques, hydrotherapies, and self care. We will also explore pranayama (breath) and relaxation techniques. We will review current findings from the Facsia Research Congress and investigate the unique nature of the connective tissues.
Deepen your clinical skills by exploring how manual therapies can help clients with asthma, COPD and other breathing dysfunctions. This class is designed to help you pinpoint other problem areas quickly, devise strategies to eliminate pain and work collaboratively with your client. You will receive lots of bodywork, learn new ways to handle clients with chronic pain, and reconnect with fellow therapists. You will leave this class with new skills and confidence in helping you client be pain free!
Class is held from 9:00am - 6:00pm both days.
NCBTMB approved course.