The mission at Sarasota School of Massage Therapy is to train students to become skillful, responsible, and caring massage therapists, and to provide an opportunity for personal growth and awareness.
SSMT is a place that cultivates powerful change.
Since 1978, in various locations, under various stewardship, it has been assembling an inspiring faculty, crafting a phenomenal curriculum, and training successful professionals.
We are a community of massage therapy educators with, collectively, more than 500 years in practice. It's hard to imagine that so many amazing people practice in a city this size, and that SSMT could find them, organize them, and build something so vital.
The administrators, faculty, and staff are caring professionals whose goal is always to serve the highest good of the community. This begins with caring and genuine support to people exploring the possibility of becoming massage therapists, and continues as attentive support for students and graduates.
SSMT is accredited by the following accrediting agencies:
Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)41 Perimeter Center East, NE, Suite 640
Atlanta, GA 30346
International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC)2nd Floor Chiswick Gate, 598-608 Chiswick High Road
Chiswick, London, England W4 5RT
011-44(0)20 8994 4141
Licensure & Approvals
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
- US Department of Education: Eligible Institution for Title IV Federal Financial Aid
- Florida Dept. Of Veterans Affairs, State Approving Agency for Veterans' Education and Training
- Florida Board of Massage Therapy, Florida Department of Health
- Student Exchange and Visitor Program, Department of Homeland Security; Approved for Foreign Students
- Florida State Massage Therapy Association (FSMTA)
- Alliance For Massage Therapy Education (AFMTE)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- Multiple Year Nattie Winner - Best Holistic Health School
- First Massage Therapy School Accredited by COE
- Multiple Instructors awarded Massage Therapist of the Year by FSMTA
- Instructors repeatedly elected president and officers of Sarasota/Manatee chapter of FSMTA
- Director (Joe Lubow) repeatedly elected to the Leadership Development Committee of the Alliance For Massage Therapy Education
- Director appointed Chair of the Exam Committee of the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork 2009-2014
Focused on Your Success
It is the purpose of SSMT to train students for a career in massage therapy and to create a learning environment in which the journey is as valuable as the destination. It is also our aim to equip students with the ability to make the most of further education in bodywork. In doing so we strive to graduate mindful, creative, knowledgeable professionals who will use their skill and compassion to benefit themselves and their communities. See our amazing campus focused on helping you explore your possibilities.