If you are considering a career as a massage therapist, it will be helpful to visit the facility, sit in on a class, and get a massage in the student clinic.
A tour is a good way to get a feel for the school to decide if it's right for you. An admissions guide can show you around the facility, with its cork floors, high ceilings and skylights. We can also help you with the process of applying for federal student aid so that you'll know if you qualify for grants and/or loans. The school periodically holds open houses and other discovery events which are great opportunities to hear the answers to all the questions other people have as well as visit with staff, graduates, and current students.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED or college credit
- Have received at least one professional massage by a licensed massage therapist, or a student massage in the SSMT student clinic
- Be accepted by the SSMT admissions committee
- Complete the enrollment procedures
- Complete a campus tour
- Apply for Financial Aid if applicable
- Submit a completed SSMT application and a non-refundable $25 application fee
- Submit a copy of a high school or college transcript, GED, high school diploma, or college degree
- Submit a completed SSMT Health Statement Form
- Be accepted by the SSMT Admissions Committee
- Complete an enrollment interview with an admissions guide
Classes often fill up so students are encouraged to apply early. Contact the school for more information or assistance with the enrollment process.
Class SizeSmall classes are the best way to provide each student with the individual personal attention we believe necessary, so enrollment is limited to twenty.
Swedish Massage and Neuromuscular Therapy classes have one instructor for every twelve students or less (half of these are practicing while the other half are receiving massage). Other practical classes and lecture classes have one instructor for twenty students or less.
Transferring CreditsSSMT awards credit for previous academic work. The amount of credit is determined on a case-by-case basis. An official transcript outlining prior training should be submitted with the SSMT application. Students transferring credit may be required to pass written or practical exams administered by SSMT in the courses being transferred.
Transferability of credit from SSMT is at discretion of receiving institution.