October 17 - 17, 2021
This is an introductory course to the theories of Five Element Shiatsu Massage and its hands-on application for licensed massage therapists.
Objectives of the course include:
- Students will learn and practice the Makka Ho self-care stretches.
- Students will be able to define Shiatsu.
- Students will have a brief understanding of the history of Shiatsu.
- Students will understand the correspondences of the Five Elements to the human body.
- Students will learn the functions of the organs and their meridians according to Asian Theory.
- Students will be introduced to the Hara reflex system.
- Students will be aware of possible contraindications.
- Students will learn and practice basic Shiatsu techniques.
- Students will take and pass a comprehensive exam to receive CE credits.
In order to receive Continuing Education credits for this class, students must be currently enrolled in an accredited Massage School or have a current Massage License.
Students will be evaluated for comprehension of this course by their participation and a passing score on their exam.
Students will need note taking materials, loose, stretchy clothing and a flat sheet in order to participate fully in this course.
Resources and Recommended Reading:
“Between Heaven and Earth”
Harriet Beinfield, L.Ac.
Efrem Korngold, L.Ac., OMD
“Shiatsu, the Complete Guide”
“The Swedish Institute School of Massage Therapy and Allied Health Sciences Shiatsu Workbook”
Class is held from 9:00am - 6:00pm, and are FL only CEUs, not NCBTMB.
$155 for each specific Shiatsu seminar or $425 for all 3 seminars
Available Florida CEUs: 8
Learn the location and function of 5 element tsubos, or pressure points, and incorporate them into your shiatsu massage
Expand your knowledge of Chinese 5 element theory with hands-on meridian channel palpation
Certification is offered with completion of all three classes