March 03 - 03, 2019
This is an introductory course to the theories of Five Element Chinese medicine and it’s application to a Shiatsu treatment.
Objectives of the course include:
• Students will learn and practice the Makka Ho self-care stretches.
• Students will be able to define Shiatsu.
• Students will have a brief understanding of the history of Shiatsu.
• Students will understand the correspondences of the Five Elements.
• Students will learn the Anatomy and Physiology of the organs and their meridians according to Chinese Medicine.
• Students will be introduced to the assessment tools used by Shiatsu Practitioners.
• Students will learn and practice basic Shiatsu techniques.
• Students will take and pass a comprehensive exam to receive CE credits.
In order to receive Continuing Education credits for this class, students must be currently enrolled in an accredited Massage School or have a current Massage License.
Students will be evaluated for comprehension of this course by their participation and a passing score on their exam.
Students will need note taking materials, loose, stretchy clothing and a flat sheet in order to participate fully in this course.
Resources and Recommended Reading:
“Between Heaven and Earth”
Harriet Beinfield, L.Ac.
Efrem Korngold, L.Ac., OMD
“Shiatsu, the Complete Guide”
“The Swedish Institute School of Massage Therapy and Allied Health Sciences Shiatsu Workbook”
Class is held from 9:00am - 6:00pm
$155 for each specific Shiatsu seminar or $400 for all 3 seminars