March 31 - 31, 2019
This class further expands the practitioner’s knowledge by integrating the use of tsubos, or pressure points, when practicing Shiatsu. Basic functions derived from the elemental representation of the points will be introduced. Understanding the physical and spiritual functions of the points will bring a powerful level of connection and awareness to your practice and increase results with your clients.
Objectives of the course include:
• Makka Ho exercises will be practiced to encourage continued self-care.
• The anatomy and Physiology of the 12 main meridians will be reviewed.
• Elemental correspondences of the tsubos as well as the luo-connecting points will be introduced.
• Hands on location of the meridians and points will be performed.
• One hour Shiatsu massages will be performed and critiqued in order to pass the course and receive certification.
In order to receive Continuing Education credits for this class, students must be currently enrolled in an accredited Massage School or have a current Massage License.
Students will be evaluated for comprehension of this course by their ability to efficiently perform a full Shiatsu massage in class.
Students will need note taking materials, loose, stretchy clothing, a flat sheet and their Shiatsu mat in order to participate fully in this course.
Resources and Recommended Reading:
“Between Heaven and Earth”
Harriet Beinfield, L.Ac.
Efrem Korngold, L.Ac., OMD
“Shiatsu, the Complete Guide”
“The Swedish Institute School of Massage Therapy and Allied Health Sciences Shiatsu Workbook”
Class is held from 9:00am - 6:00pm
$155 for each specific Shiatsu seminar or $400 for all 3 seminars