March 24 - 24, 2019
This course expands on the basic theory and knowledge of the five elements, by expounding on the knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the body’s energy channels and how they relate to our physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Objectives of the course include:
• The theory and practice of five-element shiatsu will be reviewed.
• The basic pathways of the 12 main meridians will be reviewed.
• Students will understand the deeper connection of the channels to our internal organs and the interconnections of the channels to each other.
• Students will be able to locate and trace the meridians on the human body.
• Students will learn precise hands on techniques for treating the channels with Shiatsu massage.
• Students will have a deeper understanding of the meridians in relation to the self-healing Makka Ho exercises.
• Students will take and pass a comprehensive exam to receive CE credits.
In order to receive Continuing Education credits for this class, students must be currently enrolled in an accredited Massage School or have a current Massage License. Pre-requisites of attending Shiatsu bodywork from the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy or attending Five Element Shiatsu, Theory and Practice CE course are required to attend this class.
Students will be evaluated for comprehension of this course by their participation and a passing score on their exam, as well as their ability to efficiently demonstrate Shiatsu techniques in class.
Students will need note taking materials, loose, stretchy clothing and a flat sheet in order to participate fully in this course. Floor mat is included in course tuition.
Resources and Recommended Reading:
“Between Heaven and Earth”
Harriet Beinfield, L.Ac.
Efrem Korngold, L.Ac., OMD
“Shiatsu, the Complete Guide”
“The Swedish Institute School of Massage Therapy and Allied Health Sciences Shiatsu Workbook”
Class is held from 9:00am-6:00pm
$155 for each specific Shiatsu seminar or $400 for all 3 seminars