Hurricane Irma Notice
Update Saturday September 9, 10:15 AM
It looks like we are likely to end up in the worst-case scenario, or close to it. If you have a place to go, there is still time to leave. If you are staying, and the forecast continues to be this bad by this evening, go to a shelter. Please be safe SSMT community! We love you!
The school will be closed Monday, and may be closed for longer. We will continue to post updates here.
Original Post – Sept. 6 2:43 PM
SSMT will be closed Friday and Saturday, September 8th & 9th. Though the storm is still more than 5 days out, everyone should make preparations in case it’s needed.
The school and clinic will remain open through Thursday evening.
At this point there is better than a 50% chance that we will experience no severe weather at all. There is a 15% chance that we will experience hurricane force winds, and a small – but not insignificant – chance that we experience a direct hit from a major hurricane. We encourage the entire SSMT community to make preparations to be out of harms way in the event that becomes necessary over the weekend.
This post will be updated throughout the weekend. At this point the plan is to have class Monday, but students can check this post for updates as conditions change.