At the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy, our mission is to train students to become skillful, responsible, and caring massage therapists, and to provide an opportunity for personal growth and awareness.
SSMT is a place that cultivates powerful change.
Since 1978, in various locations, under various stewardship, it has been assembling an inspiring faculty, crafting a phenomenal curriculum, and training successful professionals.
We are a community of massage therapy educators with, collectively, more than 300 years in practice. It's hard to imagine that so many amazing people practice in a city this size, and that SSMT could find them, organize them, and build something so vital.
The administrators, faculty, and staff are caring professionals whose goal is always to serve the highest good of the community. This begins with caring and genuine support to people exploring the possibility of becoming massage therapists, and continues as attentive support for students and graduates.
SSMT is accredited by the following accrediting agencies:
Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
41 Perimeter Center East, NE, Suite 640
Atlanta, GA 30346
International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC)
2nd Floor Chiswick Gate, 598-608 Chiswick High Road
Chiswick, London, England W4 5RT
011-44(0)20 8994 4141
Licensure & Approvals
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
- US Department of Education: Eligible Institution for Title IV Federal Financial Aid
- US Dept. of Veterans Affairs, State Approving Agency: Approved for Veteran's Training
- Florida Board of Massage Therapy, Florida Department of Health
- Student Exchange and Visitor Program, Department of Homeland Security; Approved for Foreign Students
- Florida State Massage Therapy Association (FSMTA)
- Alliance For Massage Therapy Education (AFMTE)
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- Multiple Year Nattie Winner - Best Holistic Health School
- First Massage Therapy School Accredited by COE
- Multiple Instructors awarded Massage Therapist of the Year by FSMTA
- Instructors repeatedly elected president and officers of Sarasota/Manatee chapter of FSMTA
- Director (Joe Lubow) repeatedly elected to the Leadership Development Committee of the Alliance For Massage Therapy Education
- Director appointed Chair of the Exam Committee of the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork 2009-2014
- Admissions Guide (Sue Toscano) elected Chair of National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork 2012-2014
Focused on Your Success
It is the purpose of SSMT to train students for a career in massage therapy and to create a learning environment in which the journey is as valuable as the destination. It is also our aim to equip students with the ability to make the most of further education in bodywork. In doing so we strive to graduate mindful, creative, knowledgeable professionals who will use their skill and compassion to benefit themselves and their communities. See our amazing campus focused on helping you explore your possibilities.
Want to Know More?
A chat with one of the SSMT Admissions Guides, Autumn Lopez or Sue Toscano, is the best way to get your questions answered. Call 877-613-7768 - or click below to request a caring and supportive conversation.
Request More Information
Unleash Your Potential
Are you considering a career in massage therapy? If it's a good fit for you, massage therapy can be an incredibly rewarding profession. The first step in an exploration is to find out if it's right for you, and that starts with a phone call.
Either Autumn Lopez or Sue Toscano, the caring and knowledgeable SSMT Admissions Guides, will be happy to help you explore your career goals and options. An effective next step, to help you choose the right path for yourself, is a simple chat on the phone to discuss where you are in your life, where you might want to go, and how you might get there. Call 877-613-7768 - or click here to request a caring and supportive conversation. Explore your possibilities!